Filling out tax paperwork is always a nuisance, especially once you happen across different kinds of types with names that are similar. Here, we will let you know about the IRS Form W-9 and how to fill it out.
You’ll have to complete the IRS Form W-9 if you are an independent contractor, self-employed service provider, or a business providing services to another business entity. Based on the information you supply in this form, your customer or client will issue you a Form 1099-MISC at the end of the financial year
Typically, almost all of your clients will request that you complete the W-9 form. As you probably must submit the Form W-9 multiple occasions, it’s far better to fill it out and keep it for repeated future use. It is easy to complete the IRS type W-9 type on almost any device with PDFliner, the very best online PDF Editor.
The Way to Download Form W-9
If you are being asked to complete the form W-9 with a client or customer, they’ll also probably offer you a copy of the form. Otherwise, you may always download the IRS Form W-9 in your Mac. When there are numerous sites which sponsor a copy of the document, we recommend downloading the W-9 form straight from the IRS site here, so you always have the most up-to-date and correct version of the paper.
How to fill Form W-9
Editing PDF forms with PDFliner is a cinch. Here are five easy Actions to do this:
- Register with PDFliner and choose a subscription plan.
- Open W-9 form in PDFliner or upload your form.
- Click any area and begin typing your data (see notes below).
- Save complete type in cloud storage, so that you may recover it from any place in the upcoming.
- In the end, print out the form, sign it, insert a date and then send it to a client.
P.1 – Type in your name or business name exactly as it appears in your tax returns.
P.2 – If you’re doing business using a different name, type that name.
P.3 – Carefully examine the company entity types mentioned here and pick the right checkbox corresponding to your own enterprise. For sole proprietors, choose the first checkbox.
P.5,6,7 – Enter the address at which you want to get the Form 1099-MISC
Part I – Input either SSN or EIN, for sole proprietors; they’re interchangeable, so that you may use either.
Typical mistakes to avoid while filling out Form W-9
Mistakes are something most of us make. But mistakes on your tax returns may end up being costly. Several have found this out the hard way — a little typo in some of the areas can cost you big.
- Mistyping your title or DBA on the W-9 can actually trigger an audit as it might seem to IRS that you did not report your 1099-MISC form if you submit your tax return afterwards.
- The same thing could occur if you would make a typo from the SSN or EIN. Bear in mind that your client doesn’t have any way to confirm whether you have entered the appropriate information in the W-9 form.
- Make sure your mailing address is correct. Otherwise, you will not get your 1099-MISC form after the process.
Keep all of the forms in 1 spot, such as in PDFliner in your own account. This permits fast access when you want them. Once more, be sure to provide accurate information in your W-9. This will make sure that payments you receive are correctly reported on the IRS. If you’re not sure of a few things, always talk to your financial adviser.